QR-bill for online shops
With QR Module you enable your online shop customers to pay with a QR-bill.
If your website is operated with WordPress, install our plugin. The video on the right shows you how easy it is.
If you use another CMS for your website, we connect your online shop to QR Module via REST API. Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to identify the best approach for your QR-bill-project.
QR Modul offers you these advantages:
- Generate 100% correct QR payment parts or complete QR-bills.
- Choose one of 5 languages: German, French, Italian, English and – exclusive to us: Romansh.
- Use your profile at QR Module to generate professional QR-bills for orders that have not been entered in the online shop.
- Design your invoice template in your own layout and with your own text elements.
- Benefit from Swiss Hosting with exclusive data storage on secure servers in Switzerland.
- All sent invoices can be found in the archive at any time.
QR Module Plugin for WordPress
With the WordPress plugin from QR Module, you can create QR payment parts (= substitute receipt for the inpayment slip) as well as complete QR-bills in your design. These are attached as a pdf to the order confirmation that WooCommerce sends to your customers by email. In addition, we offer you the option to have QR-bills sent by post through our partner printer.
You can create the REST API key by yourself in your profile after you have registered for QR Plus or QR Pro. Please find detailed instructions on how to install/uninstall and set up the plugin below.
- Apart from the monthly subscription costs for the QR Plus or QR Profi products, there are no other costs.
- The WordPress plugin can be downloaded and used free of charge.
- Print jobs for physical mailings are charged according effort.
Installation Instructions QR-bill Plugin for WordPress
Installing the plugin
You can install the plugin either via WordPress.org or directly in your WordPress backend.
To install the plugin via your WordPress backend:
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Enter QR Module in the search box at the top left.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate.
Setting up the plug-in
To set up the plugin:
- Navigate to Settings > QR-bill Plugin.
- Fill in the fields:
Client ID and Client Secret
You can access this information in your profile under «My Profile – Settings» after you have registered for QR Plus or QR Pro.
Client Token Duration
Enter the default value 2592000
Select your master data profile (address and IBAN or QR IBAN of the biller). If this field is left blank, the default profile is used by default. You can define or retrieve the profile ID yourself on the Master Data page.
– If this option is deactivated, the QR-bill is sent to the payer as a pdf attachment to the order confirmation via email from WooCommerce.
– If this option is activated, the bills are sent by post. This chargeable option is billed via QR Module. To avoid costs, namely the process fee, these orders are collected and sent twice per week (on Mondays and Thursdays) in the form of a collective order to our partner printer, who ensures correct printing and dispatch. This means that the process fee is incurred no more than twice a week.
Letter Dispatch Priority
– The possible values are: ‘Standard’ or ‘Express’.
– We send the print job to the printer on Mondays and Thursdays. With the ‘Express’ setting, the subsequent job processing by the printer takes place within 24 hours (on weekdays); with ‘Standard’ within 4 working days.
With this option you can offset the CO2 emissions for the physical dispatch of letters with MyClimate.
This option determines whether the bill is to be printed in colour or black and white. The allowed values are: ‘colour’ or ‘black and white’.
– Concerns the franking of the letters, provided that it is not only a QR payment part but a complete QR-bill (A or B Mail or no franking at all). A- or B-postage can be selected for direct mailing to the payer as well as for mailing to a collective address. In the latter case, the letters are already pre-franked so that you can forward them immediately. When sending QR-bills/QR payment items by parcel post to a collective address, you can also dispense the pre-franking.
– The following values are permitted for complete QR-bills: ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘none’.
– If the generated file only contains the QR payment section, ‘none’ is the only valid option.
– Collective address to which the QR-bills/QR payment parts are to be sent if you do not want to have them sent directly to the payers. In this case, you ensure the further use of the QR-bills/QR-payments yourself.
– The address must not contain more than 4 lines with a maximum of 35 characters per line.
Postal rate for sending the QRbills/QR payment parts as a parcel to a collective address. The allowed values are: ‘postpac_priority’ or ‘swiss_express’.
Remarks to Printshop
– This field offers the possibility to formulate a free comment to the printshop, e.g. «Use envelope template», if you want to use individual envelopes with your logo, which the printshop keeps in stock for you on request. The instruction «Do not seal envelopes» is also popular if you want to insert enclosures yourself.
– The comment cannot exceed 2 lines with a maximum of 45 characters per line.
– If this option is deactivated: By default, we generate complete QR-bills with product details and customer address at the top right. You design the invoice templates in your QR Module profile. If you use several templates, define which one you want to use in the field «Invoice Template Name».
– If this option is activated, only a QR payment part with Swiss QR Code is generated, without the upper part with the product details. QR payment parts cannot be sent directly to the payers because there is no address at the top right of the sheet. In this case, they are sent by parcel to the collective address you have defined.
Invoice Template Name
– If this field is left blank, the invoice template defined as the default template will be used by default.
– You can freely define or retrieve the invoice template name on the «My Profile – Invoice Templates» page.
Invoice Added Value Tax
Here you define whether VAT should be calculated on the basis of the amount (invoice amount is gross, i.e. including VAT) or on top of the amount (invoice amount is net, VAT must be added).
After you have filled in all the fields, click on the «Connection and authorisation» button. After the page has reloaded, click on the «Save changes» button.
Uninstalling the plugin
To uninstall the plugin:
- Log into WordPress and go to Plugins.
- Under All Extensions you can see all installed plugins.
- Search for «QR Invoice Plugin» and click on the corresponding Disable link.
- Click Delete to confirm and uninstall the plugin.