You can install the extension either through Zoho Marketplace or Zoho Books.
To install the extension:
- Navigate to Setup > Marketplace > All.
- Click All extensions, then search for QR Invoice and click on it.
- Click Install Now.
- Select one of the following options under “Select users/profiles”:
- Installation for administrators only
- Installation for all users
- Select profiles
- If you select the option Select profiles, select all profiles for which you want to install the extension and click on Confirm.
- The extension is installed for the selected users.
- A pop-up window will appear with the new Zoho Books variables that will be installed by the extension. Simply click Skip.
- In the extension settings, enter the client ID and the secret client key from your QRModul.ch account.
- Don’t forget to enter the name of the invoice template you want to use. You can define the name yourself in your profile at QR Modul.
- If an incorrect template name is entered, the QR invoice cannot be created.
- If no name is entered, the extension uses the invoice template that is marked as the default in your QR Module profile.
- Click Save.
- To use the QR Module application, you need an active account with QR Module. You can register here.
- To get the client ID and secret client key, log in to your QR Modul profile or click > My Profile > Settings > Generate API Key.
Set up settings
With QR Module you can choose to generate receipts (QR payment parts) or complete invoices. For the second case, we provide the option to create invoice templates in your own design. In addition, our partner printer, Schneider Druck AG in Zurich, will be happy to take care of printing and dispatch by post for you. To use these services, set up your preferences accordingly.
Selection of invoice template
Template name: Enter the name of the invoice template you created in your QR Module profile under “My Profile > Invoice Templates”. You can also set up different invoice templates for different purposes or for customers with different native languages.
Selection of master data profile
Profile ID: Define which master data profile you want to use (your address & IBAN). You can also create and use several different master data profiles – e.g. to cover different language options.
Settings for sending letters by post
Priority: Here you determine how quickly your order will be processed if you want to use our letter delivery service. The possible values are: ‘Standard’ or ‘Express’. We send the print job to the printer on Mondays and Thursdays. With the ‘Express’ setting, the subsequent order processing by the printer takes place within 24 hours (on weekdays); with ‘Standard’ within 4 working days.
Climate: With this option you can offset the CO2 emissions for the physical dispatch of letters with MyClimate.
Colour: This option determines whether the invoice is to be printed in colour or black and white. The allowed values are: ‘colour’ or ‘black and white’.
Franking envelopes: Concerns the franking of the letter (A or B post or no franking at all if the QR invoices/QR payment parts are to be sent by parcel post to a collective address). The following values are permissible for complete QR bills: ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘none’. If the file created is only the QR payment part, ‘none’ is the only valid option. Specify whether an invoice is to be sent by A or B mail.
Common address: Collective address to which the QR invoices/QR payment parts are to be sent if you do not want to have them sent directly to the payers. In this case, you ensure the further use of the QR invoices/QR payment parts yourself. The address must not contain more than 4 lines with a maximum of 35 characters per line.
Remarks to the printer: This field offers the possibility to formulate a free comment to the printer, e.g. “Use envelope template” if you want to use individual envelopes with your logo, which the printer can keep in stock for you on request. Or “Do not seal envelopes” if you are sending them as a package to a collective address to add more content. The comment can be no more than 2 lines with a maximum of 45 characters per line.
Invoice dispatch via Swiss Post is charged at cost. You can find the current prices at www.qrmodul.ch. You will also receive a confirmation for each order detailing the costs, which you can find in your profile at QR Modul.
Sending an invoice by e-mail
You can send an invoice by email to your contact if it is connected to a valid email address. Go to the Invoice module in Zoho CRM, create your order and fill in the fields starting with the letter combination “QR”.
Click on the Invoices module in Zoho Books
Create the invoice as any other Invoice
Fill in the fields “QR Status”, “QR Reference“ data from your bank, “QR Message”, „QR eMail Content“ for additional comments in the e-Mail and “QR collective address“ if the invoices should be send in bulk to the letter shop.
Optional: For sending invoices by Swiss Post, select the field “QR letter dispatch”.
Click on Save or Save and Send your invoice.
If no QR language is selected, the language selected in the settings will be used by default.
The invoice will now be sent to the contact’s email along with the QR payment part. The PDF invoice is then added to the invoice in the invoice module as an attachment, where it can be viewed or printed at any time. The invoice recipient can scan the Swiss QR code with his mobile banking app or the webcam on his PC and then release the payment. Paying the bill by bank order or at the post office counter is still possible without any problems with the new QR bills.
To uninstall the QR module from your Zoho Books:
- Go to Setup > Marketplace > All
- Under “Installed”, you can view all installed extensions
- Search for Swiss QR Invoice and click on the corresponding uninstall link.
- Click Ok to confirm and uninstall the extension.